Assessment environments: All water uses, as defined by Section 21 of the National Water Act (Act 36 of 1998).
- Ground and surface water abstractions in all sectors.
- Irrigation and storing of water.
- Infrastructure associated with small to large scale developments such as the Val de Vie Estate.
- Linear developments:
- Roads (Lesotho Border Road), powerlines (Eskom) and pipelines (Drakenstein Municipality).
- Wind energy facilities (Biotherm Energy) and solar plants.
- Wastewater treatment plants (Refengkgotso WWTW).
- Discharge of water or wastewater into a watercourse.
- Mining Water Use Licences and Integrated Water and Waste Management Plans (IWWMP).
- General Authorisations and Emergency Applications (as defined in Notice 509 of 2016):
- Compilation of General Authorisation (GA) applications.
- Risk assessment matrix compilation by an accredited SACNASP Professional Member as per the Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) requirements.
- Application for emergency incidents that require immediate intervention.
- Validation and verification of existing water uses.
Reporting: Water Use Licences, General Authorisations and Emergency Applications according to Industry Best Practice and DWS requirements, involving:
- Submission of application forms and compilation of technical documentation (ensuring close out of applications through active follow-up).
- Specialist input into structure designs and the provision of design criteria.
- Facility operational and construction management and management of potentially affected freshwater resources.
- Stakeholder engagement (PPP) and liaison with regional and national authorities.
- Landscaping and plant species plans.
- Rehabilitation and management plans for aquatic resources.